Friday, March 14, 2014

A bit of detail how to stitch "Juuji Hana-zashi"

I made some new sashiko goods for consignment lately. I want to share some photos and a bit of detail of one of fabulous traditional Sashiko stitches "Juuji Hana-zashi (cross and flower stitch)" .

The combination of cotton Kasuri and simply modern Sashiko stitches. (It is a table runner.)

Asian themed batik and Sashiko cellphone cases.

This is the Sashiko stitch called "Juuji Hana-zashi" which means "crosses and flowers stitch". I would like to show the process of making this beautiful stitches. I wish I had enough time to explain that amply. I am hoping that those photos will help you to get general ideas of how the stitches are made.

This is how it looks like when it is done.

First you draw 0.5cm guiding grids on your fabric with erasable fabric marker. Using a Sashiko needle (you can use other embroidery needles but using tools exclusively made for the certain use always makes your work easier and faster) make running stitches vertically and horizontally to shape alternate crosses as shown in the photo.


Then make running stitches again but diagonally this time. These stitches shape flower petals. It is amazing this design which seems pretty complicated on first sight is made with only "running stitches" that is the most simple one.


That's it!
I hope you all have a lovely Friday. Happy stitching!




6 comments:

  1. This is lovely, beautiful, simple and elegant - thank you! Looking forward to having a go! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is beautiful! I love your blog, ive already learned so many new things in just 30 minutes of being here! Amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your stitching.I saw this for the first time. It has given me so many ideas. I shall keep you posted. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your stitching.I saw this for the first time. It has given me so many ideas. I shall keep you posted. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your work. I am going to do some stuff using your ideas. I will keep you posted. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete