Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday crafts just in time? Oh! No Christmas tree yet!!!

We usually go to Christmas tree hunting to a farm in Michigan right after Thanksgiving. But not this year. We just cannot find time on weekends. Well, we had one weekend we could have gone to a farm.  But the weather was awful. It was cold and raining all day long. Christmas tree hunting has to be fun. We could probably have felt miserable if we've gone on that day. Anyways, we didn't go. It is kind of embarrassing that we don't have a tree yet by now..... just a bit. So I tried to catch up this week and there is a little progress on decorating for Holidays.

Nina's Ginger bread house.

I made a new Christmas wreath for the front door.

She made a fence around her house with lots of gumdrops and toothpicks.


This year I picked gold for my door wreath. I wish I could make this with real fresh leaves of fir or spruce. I usually make wreaths and other decorations with cut branches from our Christmas tree. I hope we will go get tree this Sunday. (That is going to be the last chance for us, don't you think?)
I still have to work on preparing gifts pretty much too. I think trip to Chicago for shopping for Japanese new year celebration would be after Christmas. Ahhhhh, I always feel I'm so behind this time of the year.

I hope you have a fun week preparing Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment