Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dragonfly Custom Bag

In February I have gotten an custom bag order from Marjorie who is my dear blog reader. It was for her birthday gift and if my memory was correct her birthday will be in June. I have sent the finished product to her at the beginning  of May. I have been wanting to share the story and pictures of this bag in this blog, but I couldn't because I've been occupied in preparing a couple of events and working on trivial family affairs.

By the way, this is the custom bag I made for Marjorie. We consulted about the design via email many times. I took time to make sure what I am thinking is according to her idea. The main theme of this bag was a Dragonfly. She told me that she adore items which have dragonfly on it. And the bag will be used as an "everything bag"  for her everyday life.

I embroidered a dragonfly on the front. I used sear organza for wings (it is hard to see in the picture though) and trimmed them with silver metallic floss. The color theme was "Jewel tone". I used emerald green, turquoise and cranberry red etc. The wings are embellished with some sequins which are in Jewel tone color scheme as well.

This is the sketch I sent to Marjorie after we discussed about the design. We talked about fabrics and the structure very well. The final piece looks pretty much the same as this drawing.

I made the handles a little long so it can be held from her shoulder. Fleece is sewn in the handles so it must be sturdy and also gentle to shoulders. There is a simple pocket on the back.

Having a center divider with a zipper was her request and also two other inside pockets were required. I am glad that the pistachio green worked very well in this color scheme. I usually don't use vivid pink widely like this but with this green, it looks nice and very fun. There is a set of tabs with magnetic snaps for a closure.

I got email from her after she received this bag and she says she likes it. I hope she still likes it and is enjoying to use it everyday as much as I enjoyed making it. Happy Birthday Marjorie.

*** I currently am not taking full custom orders. I may take semi custom orders but it will depend on my situation. Please contact me via email (hibilabo at gmail dot com) if you have any questions.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable ! You are so talented !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! The bag is very cute and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete