Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mirror Work Hand Bag / Fire Works in the Winter Sky

This embroidery I named "Fire Works in the Winter Sky" is finished! I made a elegant hand bag with it.

The fabric I used for the base of the embroidery is silk dupioni. The shiny objects in the middle of the fire works are mirrors which were made for mirror work embroidery. There are many kinds of stitches to fix the mirrors on fabric. Otherwise I used some seed beads, tube beads, sequins and metallic silver threads for beads work.

I used a metal frame for the structure. The handles are made of the same silk dupioni. The bag looks beautiful and I think it will suit any formal situations.



The lining is a silk from old Kimono which has Roses on the black back ground. There is a simple small pocket inside. 

I would like to show the process of mirror work sometime soon. There are more pictures of this project in my Flickr pool if you are interested. And also this bag is listed on my Etsy shop Harujion Design.

We are having a big snow storm since last night! We already have 20 inches of snow in South Bend. And it is still coming down a lot! I have never had this much snow since I moved in US (It has been five and half years). There is no wind, the snow is falling down more and more peacefully. It is beautiful. I feel cozy in the house and even feel we are protected by snow. That's funny. A couple years ago, I never thought snow like this. Snow was always what I couldn't like......

I hope you are having a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. This bag is stunning! Beautiful job & design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous hand bag! It also has elegant features. Wonderful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppyprint and PortulaKa!
    Thank you so much for your nice comments.
    You always make my day!

    ReplyDelete